Monday Mania

Monday 28 October 2013

The Old Bake House, tonight in the early evening darkness that now envelopes us at 4.45pm.

Today has been the craziest day.
It began at 5.00am on the dot. Which is 6am on our body clocks as the clocks went back. A stupid weird thing we do in this country. Meadow was up and at them! Let's have breakfast Mummy! Except it was pitch black and we had...no power!Yaaay!
(NB: I really need coffee the second I get up. I love mornings, but I NEED coffee)

No coffee. No warmth. No TV!!!

Then I rushed home from work to take M to her ballet lesson. Which was not on as it is half term. She had a major tantrum and threw herself on the (empty) studio floor. She thought we were late (which, to be fair, we usually are)

We left, and as I went to lift her in to her car seat, the car door slammed shut. My car locked.

AWESOME!! Woop wooop. no keys, no money, no phone.....
Thankfully a lovely stranger lent me her phone and Super Daddy was to the rescue! Except....the ROAD HAD BEEN CLOSED. I'm not even kidding you. I swear.

Anyway. We got home eventually.
 
I tell you, something strange is going on with the planets! (As well as our weather.)
That is my only explanation. I shall be glad to leave this Monday behind :)

Happy Tuesday to come friends xxx


8 comments:

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

I told you mercury is a friggin nightmare!! All is well that ends well. X

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds like a very trying day, as you say, roll on Tuesday, it can only be better! xx

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh boy. Our clocks will change this coming weekend and that will not be fun. If it's any consolation, I currently have no water because they shut it off to the whole street for some reason. All I know is that I came home to a torrent of mud going down the street and I can only hope they're fixing something because that was no good...

Katie Waddell said...

Oh no!! Hope tomorrow is better!

Unknown said...

Sodding mercury! No water? That is up there with no electric! So inconvenient!
Tomorrow is a new day xxx

kim at northerncalstyle. said...

Oh no! Poor Karen. What a crazy day! I wish you a better day tomorrow. At least it was a Monday and a Friday wasn't ruined! Lol. Take care.
xxKim

courtney said...

I'm so sorry - don't you hate days like that....? I hope your tuesday is better. I am officially a MONSTER when our power is out, which, is too often.

ruth said...

Oh no! That sounds like one of those days that require self-medication in large amounts! I hope you had a wine or three, and that Tuesday isn't so awful.

Bake House All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger